Do you have a legal problem, issue or enquiry relating to family life? Here are 10 ways a family law solicitor may be able to help.
1. When getting married, you may decide to protect your assets with the help of pre-marital agreement.
2. Divorces are filed for a number of different reasons, usually through a specialist family law solicitor.
3. During many break-ups there are disagreements regarding the custody of children. A legal team will help uphold your rights and ensure the right decisions are taken.
4. There may also be disagreements over property and possessions, so solicitors may be brought in to help resolve the situation.
5. There may also be a number of financial decisions that need to be made following a break-up. Family law experts will often be hired to help the right ones be made.
6. Staying with break-ups, it's not just parents who can seek legal advice over custody issues. Grandparents also have rights with regards to seeing their grandchildren and should seek support if they are being stopped from doing so.
7. When entering a civil partnership, you may want to seek clarification over your rights and what would happen in the event of separation.
8. If you and your significant other have decided to move in together, you may need to discuss various issues about property and possessions, especially if one person already owns some property or has savings and the other doesn't.
9. Everyone over the age of 18 is allowed to make a last will and testament, so should seek a solicitor to make sure everything is done correctly.
10. People suffering in abusive relationships may be able to escape their situation with the help of a legal team.
If any of these sound familiar, you may require the help and support of a family law solicitor.