Family law solicitors work on a wide variety of different cases, helping people on either side of disputes, clauses and proceedings. Here are 10 reasons why people choose to find a family law solicitor.
1. People who are getting married, may seek legal services if they wish to have their assets protected. The pre-marital agreement can help them to retain their possessions and money in the event of the relationship ending.
2. In the event of a divorce, the couple may wish to speak to a family law specialist to ensure everything progresses smoothly.
3. Where a relationship break-ups and there are children involved, there may be an issue with regards to custody. Solicitors experts will be able to ensure their client's rights are upheld.
4. Property and possessions are also contentious issues when a couple splits up, and there may be long disputes about how to divide them up.
5. Likewise, there are a number of different financial considerations that may be confusing. A solicitor can help explain what people are entitled to and fight to get it for them.
6. Grandparents also have rights with regards to seeing their grandchildren, so they may seek legal advice if they are being stopped from visiting their children's children.
7. Couples entering or leaving a civil partnership may wish to speak to a solicitor to discuss their rights and make sure everything is done properly.
8. Unmarried couples looking to move in together, may wish to speak to a legal team if one of them already owns property or has a larger deposit to put down.
9. Family law solicitors are also required when sorting a last will and testament - something that everyone over the age of 18 should consider.
10. Victims of an abusive relationship could get the help and support they need to escape their situation with the assistance of a family legal specialist.
If any of these apply to you, speak to a family law solicitor today for advice and support.