If you need a family law solicitor, then you'll want to make sure that you get the right one to meet your needs. Maybe you have a firm of solicitors that you use for property matters, but will they be the best people to hel with your divorce?
Find out what you need to know
1. A law firm that specialises in family law, will be more appropriate than one that specialises in personal injury claims, or construction law. Perhaps your current solicitor can advise you of another firm, if they don't provide the services you need.
2. Make sure that you find out how much experience the law firm you are considering has had. Are they used to dealing with cases like yours, or do they normally deal with other sorts of family law?
3. What sort of results have they had? Have they dealt with very similar cases to yours? Are they able to give you the assurance you need?
4. Your solicitor will need to be understanding, and sensitive to your situation. Because you need a family law solicitor, you'll be going through a difficult and painful as well as very emotional time, and your solicitor should be compassionate.
5. Your solicitor will need to be concerned about your case, and not think of it as another divorce case. If you think that they might not be taking your case as seriously as you do, then perhaps they are not the right solicitors for you.
6. Your case will need to be handled in a professional manner. You want your solicitor to give you're the help and advice you need without being patronised, or assuming that you know exactly what's going on and what will happen next.
7. If your solicitor doesn't ring you back on time, or takes a long time to respond to emails or letters, then perhaps it's because they are busy, or perhaps it's because they don't really value your case.
8. If you're going through a divorce, then you'll want to make sure that you get what's entitled to you, and that your solicitor is capable of representing you properly.
9. Family law will affect the children, so it's important that the disruption and feuding between partners is kept to a minimum. An experience family law solicitor will be able to help and advise you when it comes down to your children.
10. You might need to visit several family law solicitors in order to find the right one for you. You shouldn't necessarily base your decision on location or price. If you need a family law solicitor, then you want a good one.
Now you know more about how to choose one, perhaps it's time for you to hire a family law solicitor.