If you've come to the conclusion that you can't sort out your family issues amicably, then perhaps you need a family law solicitor to help you.
Here are some of the common reasons.
1. Many people will use a family law solicitor when they get divorced. If your marriage has ended, and can't be resolved, or you don't want to try and get back together, then you might be thinking about divorce. You'll want to get the right legal advice, so that you know what to do, and where you stand. Seeking legal advice will help you at this very traumatic time.
2. If you're not married, and living with your partner and you decide to split up, then you'll want to know what rights you have, especially if you have children, and you'll also want to know who gets to keep what.
3. If you do divorce or separate, and there are children involved, you'll still want to able to see your children if they don't live with you. Your family law solicitor will be able to help you to arrange time with your children, or so that their other parent can see them.
4. As well as parents, grandparents have rights too. If you're a grandparent and have been told that you can't see your grandchildren you might want to take legal advice.
5. As a result of your divorce or relationship breakdown, you might have to sell your house, or get rid of other assets and possessions. You'll want to make sure that you're getting the appropriate legal advice.
6. You might need legal help and advice with your finances after a divorce or at the end of a relationship. Your family law solicitor will be able to provide the assistance you need.
7. If you're planning a civil partnership, a family law solicitor will be able to advise you on your rights under law.
8. If you're getting married, then you might be considered having a pre-nup drawn up. Although not as popular here as in America, and not enforceable by law, a prenuptial agreement can show the intents and purposes before your wedding, and give you the reassurance you need.
9. If you're thinking about moving in with your partner, then you might want to know more about how it will affect you legally. Perhaps you'll want advice on cohabitation laws, or about paying your mortgage.
10. If you're suffering domestic violence, then you'll need to get out, and get your children out too. A family law solicitor can give you all the help you need, such as finding you accommodation, and being out of reach of your partner. With untraceable phone lines, and many other ways to stay hidden, your partner won't be able to find you.
Now you know more about the services they provide, perhaps you do need a family law solicitor.