If you've never used a family law solicitor, then you may be unaware of the full range of services they provide and the many different ways they can help your situation. Here to help are 10 situations where they may be able to help.
1. In recent times, one of the most popular reasons to contact a family law solicitor is if you're getting married and want a pre-marital agreement to protect the assets of one or both of the parties.
2. On the flipside, you may require a specialist's help if you're getting divorced and want to make sure everything is done properly.
3. If you are facing divorce and you have children, you may require a solicitor's help if you are facing a battle for custody.
4. Another of the major issues to sort out when couples divorce is property. A family law solicitor can work in your best interests to ensure you get what you're entitled to.
5. Beyond property, finances and possessions may also need to be sorted with the help of a solicitor.
6. Many grandparents also find their access to their grandchildren restricted following their son or daughter's divorce. To find out about their rights in these situations, legal support can help.
7. If you're entering a civil partnership and want to ensure everything is done properly, want to protect assets or need to know more about your rights, legal advice may be required.
8. If a civil partnership is coming to an end and you want to understand your rights better and need to sort any of the issues through points 3 to 6, a solicitor can help.
9. Family law solicitors are also on hand to help if you wish to sort a will.
10. And finally, another common reason for contacting a legal firm with family specialists is if you are in an abusive relationship and need help escaping the situation.
Do any of these relate to your situation? If so, it may be worth speaking to a family law solicitor today.
You may find a law firm that has a broad range of specialists, including an employment law solicitor or residential conveyancing expert.